Sunday, May 17, 2009

Warning Labels

So, I’ve been out of work for two weeks as of yesterday. Amongst other things, it means I’ve been baking. It’s like my go-to for filling time and burning off anxiety. And what that means is that I’ve been reading a lot of labels, and nothing gets my goat-shaped-cookie like stupid warning labels on food. I mean, seriously. Are you really so dumb, so disconnected from your foodsources that you don’t know that butter contains milk? That peanut butter has peanuts in it? That whole wheat bread contains wheat?

Here’s where my social Darwinism tendencies start showing: If you’re a full grown person and you don’t know these things and you have the sort of allergy where you should know them, maybe you aren’t meant to be alive. How can you be that helpless? Who was already that helpless that someone got sued and had to add these superfluous warnings?

/rant.

I just had to vent. Because it’s stupid.

No comments: