Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Farmer's Market Haul, last week of July

I went in with 25 dollars, and that's all I had to spend, and I came out with the following:

A masssive mango
A bunch of celery
Three big carrots from the lady before who had the best carrots I've ever had
Three fat little prickly pears
A bunch of seedless red grapes
A pint of little concord grapes that really do taste like Welch's
A pint of red pear tomatoes
A pint of sugar snap peas
A pint of rainier cherries, even though I have red cherries still in the house, because I really love them
A pound to two of the tiniest little baby white potatoes ever
Eight oranges
Five sweet peppers
And four honey sticks

Not a bad haul, if I do say so myself. I'm loving that there's a honey stand there now, and I hope they're still there next time I go back. And the same lady with the prickly pears and the wonder-carrots had longans! I didn't have the money to spare to get them, but they were lovely-looking, and maybe they'll be there when we get back too!

No comments: