Sunday, October 3, 2010

foodpickle question

Is there a non-HFCS equivalent to Del Monte's Fruit Chillers? Are they just frozen, sweetened puree? They're really tasty, but I've given up HFCS and I miss them!

asked by Sami 1 day ago
Category: Substitutions



4 Answers

24 Views

0 Likes

Savorykitchen says: According to the Del Monte website Fruit Chillers don't contain HFCS at all.

They don't publish ingredient lists online, but maybe they contain "regular" corn syrup and not high fructose corn syrup. They are actually different products (HFCS is corn syrup that's been processed to change its composition so that it contains more fructose). Corn syrup hasn't been linked to same issues as HFCS.

Answered about 24 hours ago

0 Likes

Sami says: Well, that's good news! I looked up the ingredients on a non-delmonte website because it wasn't listed officially and I didn't have the box, and they said there was HFCS; I guess I'll look for myself when I get to the grocery store next!

Answered about 24 hours ago

0 Likes

Savorykitchen says: oh yeah - I meant to give you the link to their website: http://www.delmontefruitchillers.com/faqs.aspx

Answered about 23 hours ago

0 Likes

drbabs says: Sami, do you have freezer space? If you do, I'd suggest you get an ice cream maker (The Cuisinart one is decent for around $50.) and make your own sorbets so you can control the ingredients. Making sorbet is really easy and using fresh ingredients makes it very tasty.

Answered about 23 hours ago


Read more: http://www.food52.com/foodpickle/542-is-there-a-non-hfcs-equiva#ixzz11K8MCWQ5

No comments: